Monday, January 10, 2011

No David


Minah loves to read books.  She has found one that she particularly likes the most right now.  It is called, "No, David."  I think we read it maybe.....20 times per day.  Over and over the book is repeated as she laughs and smiles at each of the pages.  We read it on the couch, in the bed, on the floor, in the kitchen, and even in the bathroom (that was this morning).  It is about a little boy named David that gets into all sorts of trouble.  He gets mud on the floor, breaks things accidentally, jumps on the bed, makes a mess with his toys, etc.  All the while his Mother tells him no and in the end she tells him, "Yes, I love you!" as she gives him a big hug.  Today I found Minah on the floor with the book open saying, "No, David!  No!  No, David!" as she was turning the pages.  That was the first time I have heard her "read" a book to herself.  It was adorable!  Matt told me after I finished working yesterday that he thinks Minah is purposely trying to get into mischief to be like David.  Somehow that doesn't surprise me.  She is one smart cookie and imitates everything her brothers and sister do.  Why wouldn't she be like David?

No comments:

Post a Comment