Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper


Miss Minah spends a lot of her day exploring.  Her favorite places right now seem to be our two junk drawers in the kitchen.  She spends a lot of time emptying the contents.  I'll find business cards, the lint roller, check book covers, paper clips, etc around the main floor of the house.  Recently she got the extra set of car keys and put them in the ignition of the Little Tykes Cozy Coupe.  (She's one smart cookie!)
She is also exploring her artistic talents.  By this, I mean she has started coloring on the walls.  She will quietly open the other drawer in the kitchen and pick out pencils and pens.  Most of the time I don't notice right away.   She is so quiet!!!  She really, really likes to color on the walls.  I've offered coloring books and plain paper for her at the table but her canvas tends to be larger.  It must be for all of her artistic creativity that she needs a big space to express herself.  LOL!  Today she grabbed a pencil and I said to her calmly, "Minah, were are you going with that?" as she was running-not walking-towards the wall in the sunroom.  She didn't even turn around and as her arm came down in her sprint, she threw the pencil on the floor and kept running.  She didn't miss a beat.  It was really funny.
Today she decided to "help" me clean up.  I knew she kept opening the pantry doors but that is something she normally does and I let her.  I guess I need to start keeping a closer eye though.  I found a box of granola bars, the dog's bouncy ball, the dog's stuffed toy, and a sippy cup in the garbage.  This all made it there in about a 15 minute time span.  I noticed when she walked over to the door with a cheerio to throw away.  At least she is helping to pick up the little messes in the kitchen.  We'll just have to make sure that everything in the garbage is supposed to be there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment