Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Look Who's Talking!


A week ago Monday Minah visited the doctor for her 18 month check-up.  I told him how well she is doing-going up and down stairs, sleeps like a champ, seems smart as a whip but......well....she just doesn't seem to be saying much.  Granted she is the the youngest of 5 children and she clearly expresses her wants/needs/desires she just didn't seem to be expanding her vocabulary.  I told him I was a little concerned that she wasn't saying many words.  She says, "Hi", "Hello", "Hi There!", "Momma", and "DaDa".  I think she has also said "Doggie" but that was about it.  He said she was fine and he thought 5 words at 18 months was great.  I decided to just wait and see.  Well, over the last week I realized when I opened the refrigerator that she was saying, "Go-gurt!  Go-gurt! G-ogurt!" as she pulled at the tubes of yogurt. Last night after she finished eating her noodles, sloppy-joes, and corn she pulled at her bib and clearly exclaimed, "All Done!"  Matt and I just looked at each other and laughed in amazement.  He got her out of the high chair and got himself a cookie.  She started grunting and pointing at it.  Suddenly she said, "Cook-ee!"  Well...that deserved a cookie for her I think!  This little girl just amazes me everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Minah! So funny how kids wait until after you talk to the doctor to perform... :)

    ReplyDelete