Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of Preschool!


I can't believe it but Chloe has started preschool.  She goes two days a week for a little over two hours each day.  When she woke up that morning, she was a bit unsure about the change.  Finally she said, "I'm not going to school!  I'm a little nervous and shy."  Yeah right, sure YOUR shy Chloe!  When I reminded her about her Hello Kitty backpack her tune changed and she couldn't wait to get going.  In fact, she told me several times on the ride over that it was taking too long and we must be lost.  Mind you, it is only a 10 minute drive. 

When we got there she proudly walked in, told them her name, and was ready to play.  She washed her hands and got started.  She dressed the weather bear, put on the sparkly dress-up shoes, played with a shape puzzle, and colored a masterpiece-all before I left 10 minutes later.  Funny thing, when I picked her up she was beaming from ear to ear.  When she got to the car she said, "I want my snack!"  I reminded her that she just had snack at school and she said she wanted the one in her backpack.  I was a little confused so I reached in there and found......an energy bar.  I started laughing because that's all Chloe needs is an energy bar.  Each day she watches me get everyone ready for school.  On the days that Ryan has a cross country meet, I put a banana and an energy bar in his bag for his after school snack.  She must have slipped one in there for herself before we left for school.  Although they are very similar in their behaviors, she does not need any more energy than she has already. 

On another note, I love that the preschool has a lot of diversity.  Her new friend Emily has parents that immigrated from China.  There is a little boy from Ethiopia and she has 2 friends that live within walking distance from us.  In fact, we will carpool with their Mom's to school.  I think it will be a great year for Chloe!

2 comments:

  1. I love those pictures! Chloe is such a cutie. I'm glad she did well on her first day, and how cute that she put an energy bar in her bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! I would have to say the third one is my favorite. 2cute!

    ReplyDelete