Monday, June 7, 2010

Chloe helping give Minah her bottle.
Too sweet!
Our smiley girl after her first bath here.  Look at that long hair!!!
Jacob wanted to carry Minah in the ergo.  Minah didn't like that idea.
The two princesses

We made it home safe and sound Friday night.  Minah slept 11.5 out of the 12.5 hours we were on the plane.  She was such a great traveler.  We sailed through customs and immigration and got home in record speed.  Actually, Matt had to tell me to not go 70 on the exit ramp but I really missed my kids!  In Korea, Minah didn't want to be on the floor at all.  She refused to play with any of the toys, and was pretty sullen.  You can't blame her.  Her entire world changed in the blink of an eye and she wasn't too happy about it.  Once we walked through the door of our house and she saw the kids, our happy girl returned.  She immediately wanted down and started to play with everything.  She really enjoyed seeing all of her Grandparents too.  The thing she loves the most, her dog Sophie.  She LOVES Sophie.  She has already figured out when she hears the sliding glass door open, Sophie is going outside.  She cries and cries until she comes back inside.  Luckily Sophie is a great dog and is very gentle with her and she is with Sophie.  She found the American Girl Coconut stuffed dog and carries that when Sophie isn't around.

Overall things are going pretty well.  Minah loves her Daddy and.....will eventually like me.  Chloe seems to really love being a big sister.  When she was giving Minah the bottle in the picture above, she pushed back her hair and said sweetly, "Minah, I will take very good care of you.  We will be family forever hours."  Chloe doesn't understand time so she means forever.  Matt told me yesterday that adopting Minah was the best decision we have ever made.  He is really enjoying the fact that she really, really loves him.  When he came home from work today she popped up and started smiling and clapping.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Your flight sounds like a dream come true wow! The pictures are adorable and Chloe sounds so sweet :) Hope the new adjustment period continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. Look at all that hair. She is a beauty. So glad to read things are going well for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so sweet! I love what Chloe told Minah. Sleeping 11.5 hours of the plane ride??? That is amazing. I hope things continue to go well and Minah begins to bond with you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are to precious! I love the photo where Chloe is feeding Minah. It is so sweet.

    Minah has beautiful hair and I can't get over how long it is. Wow!

    I wish only the best for you, Matt and the family. I hope the bonding process continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home sweetie and I LOVE the beautiful images you captured. That is so cute what Chloe said and Minah is such a cutie! Love the pic with her hair down, she look so much older, but of course I love the pics with her pigtails too. Looks like things are going well. If you would like to talk sometime please feel free to give me a call. I can email you my # if you need it. Don't worry, Minah will be all about mommy soon. I just know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Beth, she is just beautiful! It sounds like she is adjusting well and is loving her new home and family.

    Hugs to you as you wait for your girl to come around. She will!

    Debra

    ReplyDelete